We needed to make Ermintrude water-tight as well as make her look the part so the next job was to sort out her panels. There was A LOT of sanding and scraping to get her ready for painting to get her ready for the next stage!
Once the skirts were added we got them painted to protect them for years to come. We knew there would be a lot of yummy food that Ermintrude would need to carry so we had to make sure she was safe and looked good!
One of the main things to fix with Ermintrude was the connection between the chassis and the main body which we managed to do by giving her brand new aluminium skirts!
We took the wheels off to take them to Sainsbury's to pump up the tyres and it took over 5 minutes a tyre as they are so large - sorry to everyone in the air pump queue!
Once we had stripped Ermintrude down we could start to get to grips with ensuring her breaks and wheel hubs were restored and safe for use...